Tuesday, March 1, 2011

BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN BAKE

Mom made this recipe last week for supper, so I thought I'd try it since I had Stovetop Stuffing Mix at home. I didn't think it would be really good, but it was very delicious!!! (Of course, I do use about 4 times as much herbs as Kraft recipes ask for.)

1 can (540 ml) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg (120 g) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
2 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 lb (675 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, but into bite-size pieces
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1 cup mozzarella shredded cheese

Heat oven to 400F.

Mix tomatoes, stuffing mix and garlic just until stuffing is moistened.
Layer chicken, basil and cheese in 3 litre casserole or 13x9-inch baking dish.
Cover with stuffing mix.
Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is done.

www.Kraftcanada.com

(I used a can of 696 ml diced tomatoes, about 4 tsp basil + some pepper + some tex-mex spice & Tex-mex shredded cheese.)

No comments:

Post a Comment